Applewood Permaculture Centre
Regenerating lifestyles, landscapes and livelihoods
Online PDC Course
STARTS February 2022
Facilitators: Chris Evans and Tomas Remiarz
A chance to apply permaculture design principles and process on a real home design of your choosing. 38.5 hours live online contact over 11 x 3.5-hour zoom sessions
40+ hours self-directed learning with observation and design activities, group tutorials and peer group exercises.
email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Looby Macnamara launches her 4th Book
A Toolkit for Transforming Ourselves and the World
New Book is Here!
Looby Macnamara, international thought leader and teacher, introduces ‘Cultural Emergence’, a framework and toolkit that enables us to design the world we want to live in. It activates healing and revolutionises our approach to creating life-sustaining and regenerative cultures.
Drawing upon the lineages of indigenous wisdom, permaculture design and systems thinking, Cultural Emergence is a profoundly effective toolkit for creating a new understanding of culture.
Cultural Emergence should be on the must-read list for all change makers
Sal Gencarelle - helpers Mentoring Society
RRP £22 – buy signed copies at discounted price of £18
Over 300 pages filled with stories, illustrations and activities
Our big vision & how we are making steps towards it
Our big vision is for an abundant and fair world where Earth and people are treated with respect.
Our mission (i.e. our positive steps to reach this big vision) is to provide inspiration, motivation and tools to enable people to be proactive in growing the ethics of Earth Care, People Care and Fair Shares.
Corona Virus Update (edited 29th September 2021)
Like all of you we are living in a world where we now have the constant extra element to accommodate for when we schedule and plan our courses at Applewood. We have safely run in person courses in 2021, so that we can all feel safe, maximise learning and keep the social elements we all need and appreciate an integral part of our courses. We are fortunate that most of our courses take place in Spring, Summer and early Autumn and can be outside. We hope to to do the same in 2022 and have published dates for all our courses in the hope we can continue to build on this year.
If when we get to the time of the course we have to cancel, we will offer the option of a full refund. If you have to drop out because you are ill or having to self isolate, we will also offer a full refund and you can always transfer your fees to another course.
E-mail Emma at email@example.com if you would like to book on or be kept updated about a specific course and do sign up for our news letter to be kept up-to-date with all our news and coming course dates. Sign up to our news letter here.
Courses Available Now
Current Online Courses & Events in 2021
- Cultural Emergence Effective Design (CEED) online
- Cultural Emergence taster course ongoing enrolment
Sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new courses or email Emma to express interest in these ones below.
- On Line Permaculture Design Course (PDC) with Chris and Tomas on line. Feb - June 2022
- Grafting and Pruning Workshop with Chris at Applewood 12th March 2022
- Forest Gardening May Course with Chris at Applewood 21-22nd May 2022
- ACE - Activating Cultural Emergence June Course Course with Looby at Applewood 10th-12th June 2022
- Budding and Pruning Workshop with Chris at Applewood 2nd July 2022
- CEED - Cultural Emergence Effective Design with Looby at Applewood 12th-17th July 2022
- PEACE Retreat - Peace, Empowerment And Cultural Emergence with Looby and guests at Applewood 8th-14th August 2022
- Forest Gardening May Course with Chris at Applewood 3rd-4th September 2022
- ACE - Activating Cultural Emergence September Course Course with Looby at Applewood 9-11th Sept 2022
Applewood Permaculture Learning Adventure
A PDF Publication
Explore Cultural Emergence, Design Web, Permaculture, 8 shields and 7 Ways to Think Differently in this Applewood Adventure Folio.
Download this amazing resource of inspirations, photos, artwork and learnings created by one of our collaborators Delvin Solkinson.
A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in - what more could they ask? A few flowers at their feet and above them the stars.