Applewood Permaculture Centre
Regenerating lifestyles, landscapes and livelihoods
* NEWSFLASH *
Looby Macnamara launches her 4th Book
A Toolkit for Transforming Ourselves and the World
Coming November 2020
The challenging times we live in show us that there is no going back to ‘normal’ life, but how do we step forward? Looby Macnamara, international thought leader and teacher, introduces ‘Cultural Emergence’, a framework and toolkit that enables us to design the world we want to live in. It activates healing and revolutionises our approach to creating life-sustaining and regenerative cultures.
Drawing upon the lineages of indigenous wisdom, permaculture design and systems thinking, Cultural Emergence is a profoundly effective toolkit for creating a new understanding of culture.
Cultural Emergence should be on the must-read list for all change makers
Sal Gencarelle - helpers Mentoring Society
RRP £22 – buy signed copies at discounted price of £18
Over 300 pages filled with stories, illustrations and activities
Our big vision & how we are making steps towards it
Our big vision is for an abundant and fair world where Earth and people are treated with respect.
Our mission (i.e. our positive steps to reach this big vision) is to provide inspiration, motivation and tools to enable people to be proactive in growing the ethics of Earth Care, People Care and Fair Shares.
Corona Virus Update (edited 12th October 2020)
Like all of you we are living in a world where we now have the constant extra element to accommodate for when we schedule and plan our courses at Applewood. In 2020 we have run courses with both on-line and face-to-face elements and some which have been all face-to-face. We are currently thinking about how we run our courses in 2021, so that we can all feel safe, maximise learning and keep the social elements we all need and appreciate an integral part of our courses. We are fortunate that most of our courses take place in Spring and Summer and can be outside. We hope to have dates up in the coming weeks.
If when we get to the time of the course we have to cancel, we will offer the option of a full refund. If you have to drop out because you are ill or having to self isolate, we will also offer a full refund and you can always transfer your fees to another course.
E-mail Emma at email@example.com if you would like to book on or be kept updated about a specific course and do sign up for our news letter to be kept up-to-date with all our news and coming course dates. Sign up to our news letter here.
Courses Available Now
- Activating Cultural Emergence online - ongoing enrollment
- Cultural Emergence taster course - ongoing enrollment
2021 Courses - All Dates still TBC
Sign up to our newsletter to be notified of new courses or email Emma to express interest in these ones below.
- Forest Gardening Course with Chris at Applewood
- Introduction to Permaculture Course with Chris at Applewood
- Weekend Permaculture Design Course (PDC) with Chris at Applewood
- Grafting and Pruning Course with Chris at Applewood
- ACE - Activating Cultural Emergence with Looby, at Applewood
- PEACE - Peace, Empowerment and Cultural Emergence Course with Looby and Chris Johnston at Applewood
- CEED - Cultural Emergence Effective Design with Looby and Andy Goldring at Applewood
- FIT - Cultural Emergence Facilitators Training with Looby and Lucy Walton, at Applewood 13th to 19th July 2020 residential, year long mentoring programme and second residential 12th to 18th July 2021
- Mother Nature Journey Course with Looby, at Applewood
Applewood Permaculture Learning Adventure
A PDF Publication
Explore Cultural Emergence, Design Web, Permaculture, 8 shields and 7 Ways to Think Differently in this Applewood Adventure Folio.
Download this amazing resource of inspirations, photos, artwork and learnings created by one of our collaborators Delvin Solkinson.
A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in - what more could they ask? A few flowers at their feet and above them the stars.