Join Looby Macnamara, Starhawk, Jon Young and Maddy Harland for this pioneering experience to discover tools for positive cultural evolution. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and converse with the co-founders and collaborators of the Cultural Emergence project and to be part of the global activation and development of Cultural Emergence.
This intensive combines the 2 modules of Cultural Emergence Design course and Nurture in Cultural Emergence. We cover the practices of the 2 phases of Move and Invigorate and Nourish and Empower, with emphasis on giving us tools for manifesting our dreams and connection practices.
During the Cultural Emergence summer intensive we will learn
• how to use the Cultural Emergence toolkit in our own lives to become more intentional in making our relationships kinder, more connected and truly regenerative.
• how to integrate the priniciples and practices of Cultural Emergence into our everyday lives
• how to use the Design Web to create holistic, flexible, effective designs and use it to create a personal design for ourselves
• Deep nature connections practices to enhance our well-being
• Tools and principles for Designing for Peace for ourselves and our relationships
• Methods for effective Collaboration and Co-creation
The intention is for us to come away Moved and invigorated, nourished and empowered to live the life we want to live and make a positive contribution to humanity.
This course is designed to help us grow, shift through old patterns, beliefs and blocks and support us in manifesting our dreams, while grounding this vision in a realistic design for ourselves. Over the duration of the course we will be creating a personal design using the Design Web.
The Cultural Emergence toolkit is particularly useful and relevant for:
- People who have already started their Cultural Emergence journey and wish to deepen their understanding of the toolkit
- Those working towards a holistic sustainable vision for humanity
- People wanting a deeper grounding in skills and principles that support healthy relationships
- People involved in creating healthy communities through Transition initiatives and other community projects.
- 8 Shields practitioners, village builders and community facilitators
- Permaculturists wanting to increase their knowledge or specialise in people permaculture (personal and social permaculture)
- People interested in supporting nature connection practices
WOW! What an incredible fertile space of love and creation! Thank you so much for sharing your land, knowledge and love with us all. I feel empowered with the tools to create ripples of revolution.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and nudging the possibility for a new culture to emerge within me, with me and around me.
WOW Pure magic. What a life changingly awesome time at this global permaculture learning institute. World class facilitation, inspiring land and diverse facilities.
26th July - 4th August 2018
The course begins on Thurs 26th July at 4pm, and finishes on Saturday 4th August in the evening with a celebration.
Participants will leave on Sunday 5th August in the morning.
This is a chance to invest in your ongoing development and life path.
£760 concessions (limited to 3 places on a first come first served basis),
£845 low waged (under £15K a year)
Costs include all tuition, food and camping
For further details and to apply for a place on the course please contact Emma
Time and Travel
Applewood Permaculture Centre is based in North Hereforshire. Our nearest train stations are Ludlow or Leominster.
Postcode is SY8 4JG - Orleton Common (more details provided on booking)
Facilitators & Venue
Jon Young is co-developer of the Cultural Emergence toolkit with Looby. He is founder of the 8 Shields Institute. He is an acknowledged expert on mentoring especially with respect to deep nature connection and culture.
Jon was mentored himself by numerous Native Elders from traditional cultures of Europe, Africa and North America; he also has been mentored by practitioners of music, martial arts, life-coaching, health & wellbeing, and business. Jon is an inspirational storyteller who has been invited all over the world to share his vision of a truly regenerative and peaceful world.
Jon is author of What the Robin knows, and co-author of Coyote's Guide to connecting with nature. Jon’s current projects are geared to manifest the vision of humans returning to balance with the natural world and one another.
Maddy Harland co-founded Permanent Publications in 1990 and Permaculture magazine in 1992 which she still edits. She is author of Fertile Edges – Regenerating Land, Culture and Hope. Maddy helped set up The Sustainability Centre in 1995, a former Naval base, now a thriving educational charity on the South Downs in Hampshire, UK where she is on the Board of Trustees.
Maddy is also a founder of Gaia Education. She is a Visiting Knowledge and Exchange Fellow of the University of Winchester and an advisor to Common Earth, a Commonwealth initiative to reverse climate change. She has a passion for regenerative food forests and wilderness.
Applewood is a very beautiful place, a rural retreat where I can relax, engage in deep learning and connect intimately with the natural world. I love the dynamic flexibility of working with Looby as it allows for a creative, emergent process where new understandings and insights can emerge for all involved
Starhawk is the author of The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for Collaborative Groups and 11 other books. She brings forty or more years of experience with horizontal, co-creative organizing, facilitating, and teaching, a lifetime of experiences sometimes wonderful, sometimes horrific!
Her special interests are in working across the lines of diversity, and in helping groups learn the communication tools and interpersonal skills to navigate conflict.