Activating Cultural Emergence (ACE) 2021
Join Looby Macnamara, one of the co-founders and developers of the Cultural Emergence toolkit, for this pioneering experience to discover tools for positive cultural evolution. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the global activation and development of Cultural Emergence.
This Cultural Emergence weekend course invites you to take the opportunity in following this natural rhythm of regeneration and turning your focus inwards. Give yourself the time to reflect, to compost what no longer serves you and to renew your energies and perspectives. During this course people will come together to ask the following questions:
- How can we facilitate cultural change?
- What do we want the new culture and new story to look like?
- What part can we play in helping it to emerge?
We will look at the many levels of culture, right through from our own personal culture and patterns of being, to the global context. We will share tools, techniques, processes and ways of being, thinking and seeing differently. Each person is adding their own unique voice of insight and wisdom to create exciting, engaging and illuminating experiences. You will learn how to use the toolkit in your own lives to become more intentional in making your relationships kinder, more connected and truly regenerative. You will be invited to contribute to the ongoing, evolving, global conversation of how we can use Cultural Emergence to manifest action and momentum in enhancing positive connections for individuals, families, groups and communities of all types. The collective wisdom of the group will be harvested to further the development and effectiveness of this inspirational toolkit.
During the Activating Cultural Emergence course we will learn
- to become aware of our own personal culture and it's influences
- how to use the Cultural Emergence toolkit in our own lives to shift personal patterns of thinking and behaving
- how to integrate the principles and practices of Cultural Emergence into our everyday lives
- deep nature connections practices to enhance our well-being
The use of the toolkit will be embedded into the course itself to create a culture of connection, care and empowerment, that invites us all to shine our gifts and invites emergent wisdom to flow through the group.
- through interactive, lively and participatory processes you will become familiar with the practices of Cultural Emergence
- to grow deep connections and to weave a nourishing community
- connect with like minded people and create a collaborative learning community
- guided self-reflective activities will support bringing Cultural Emergence alive in our lives
- spending time outside, feeling the elements and getting in touch with the other-than-human world
- we will be connecting with the bigger vision for humanity and how we can play our part in bringing this vision into reality.
This course is one of the modules of the Cultural Emergence toolkit. It is designed to activate and initiate your learning pathway, although the modules can be taken in any order.
This course offers you
- new perspectives and tools to bring greater balance between activation and regeneration into your life
- deeper awareness of the many levels of cultures more clearly: personal, social and global
- chance to observe and interact with your own patterns of thinking, behaving and interacting
- new language for systems thinking to enable you to think in a more dynamic and interconnected way.
The Activating Cultural Emergence course is open and relevant to anyone.
It will be valuable for those who are just beginning their journey of self discovery and contributing to the world, as well as those who have been working towards emerging a new culture for a long time, though not necessarily calling it Cultural Emergence.
It is particularly useful for
- those working towards a holistic sustainable vision for humanity
- people wanting a deeper grounding in skills and principles that support healthy relationships
- people involved in creating healthy communities through Transition initiatives and other community projects.
- those involved in Extinction Rebellion that are looking for proactive , positive ways to build regenerative cultures
- 8 Shields practitioners, village builders and community facilitators
- permaculturists wanting to increase their knowledge or specialise in people permaculture (personal and social permaculture)
- people interested in supporting nature connection practices
WOW! What an incredible fertile space of love and creation! Thank you so much for sharing your land, knowledge and love with us all. I feel empowered with the tools to create ripples of revolution.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and nudging the possibility for a new culture to emerge within me, with me and around me.
WOW Pure magic. What a life changingly awesome time at this global permaculture learning institute. World class facilitation, inspiring land and diverse facilities.
There is the option to arrive on Friday 25th Sept 2020 in the afternoon for dinner and a social evening, hopefully outside under the stars by the fire.
Saturday 26th Sept will have classes from 9am -7pm followed by dinner and evening social.
Sunday 27th Sept will be from 9am - 5pm.
EARLY BIRD OFFER ENDS 31st July 2020
This is a chance to invest in your ongoing development and life path.
Concessions, local people (within 40 miles of Applewood) and past Applewood course participants £115 (earlybird £95)
Low waged £145 (under £15K a year) (earlybird £120)
Waged £175 (earlybird £145)
Earlybird discount available for bookings before 31st July 2020
Costs include all tuition, camping and breakfasts and dinners. (food to share for lunches)
For further details and to apply for a place on the course please contact Emma
With regards the coronavirus, we don't know what the situation will be by the time the some of our courses take place and we aim to let you know in plenty of time if things are going to change. If we have to cancel we will offer the option of a full refund. If you have to drop out and the course is still going ahead, we will refund minus an admin fee. Alternatively you can transfer your fees already paid to a future course, without an admin fee.
We will have an optional dinner and evening session on Friday evening with a campfire (weather permitting).
There is an option to camp or we have some indoor bunk rooms on Friday and Saturday nights. We have extra tents and bedding available for people to borrow if needed.
We will have bring and share lunches on Saturday and Sunday, and soup and salads will be provided on Friday and Saturday dinners.
Time and Travel
Applewood Permaculture Centre is based in North Hereforshire. Our nearest train stations are Ludlow or Leominster.
Postcode is SY8 4JG - Orleton Common (more details provided on booking)