Group Diploma Adventure (Online)
Online program for those doing
a Diploma in Permaculture
Free Online Activation and Info Session
- November 8 2021, 6-8 pm UK Time - Click here to register
Course Start Dates
- 1st Intake January 2022
- 2nd Intake July 2022
- Assessment Tutor Wilf Richards
- Assessment Tutor Katie Shepherd
Online - Welcoming people from around the world.
An adventure in learning and designing. Join like minded people to build momentum, activate creativity, get support and have fun completing Diploma designs.
The Diploma in Permaculture is an advanced programme that follows the PDC (Permaculture Design Certificate). For your diploma you create a portfolio of designs. This will give you a strong grounding in permaculture design and develop your skills as a designer.
This group diploma adventure will support you to complete a Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design with the Permaculture Association or The Peoples Diploma with the Permaculture Institute.
To learn more about the Permaculture Diploma programs go to
- Permaculture Association UK Diploma www.permaculture.org.uk/diploma
- Permaculture Institute US Diploma www.permaculture.org/diploma
During the first 6 months you will be guided to design, do and document 2 designs. On completion of these designs you will receive a Foundation Diploma certificate. You can renew your commitment to this group adventure every 6 months as you work through all the Diploma designs.
Inspire your learning journey to become a better designer of life and livelihood, home and garden, relationships and community. Apply the tools of Permaculture and Cultural Emergence to unlock the next level of your life including any projects you want to focus on. A practical opportunity to develop Permaculture and Cultural Emergence skills, moving you forward on your Diploma designs with an uplifting group of collaborators.
Join Looby Macnamara, one of the co-founders and developers of the Cultural Emergence toolkit, Design Web and 7 Ways to Think Differently. Highly experienced with in-person and online facilitation, she brings a unique set of tools to support your journey as a designer. She is a Senior Diploma Tutor with the Permaculture Association and prolific teacher at Applewood Permaculture Centre. Her videos, podcasts, books, and courses have uplifted people all over the world.
Accompanied by Delvin Solkinson, co-creator of Visionary Permaculture at CoSM as well as the Permaculture Design Deck, Game and Notes. With 20 years of permaculture teaching and facilitation experience, Delvin shares a growing design toolkit with creativity and passion. He is the Diploma Program Coordinator for the Permaculture Institute and a Diploma Tutor with the Permaculture Association. His articles, videos, books and tools are all offered freely as downloads online.
- Design Skills and Literacy
- Tools for successful decision making
- An experiential understanding of the Cultural Emergence toolkit
- An advanced understanding of the permaculture design toolkit.
- Ways of goal setting and working to completion
- How to learn and facilitate learning
- To develop and share your gifts
- Learn about yourself as a designer
- Every other month there will be an inspiring 2 hour group call on zoom on the 2nd Monday of every other month
- Online meetups with a peer support Learning Guild
- Online course site with material to go through at your own pace (this will evolve as we go through and focus on the needs of the group) and a forum for comments and connecting with the group
- 3 hour design assessment including 1 hour one-on-one with assessor (this will be for 2 designs every 6 months)
- 1 hour long Personal Design Tutorial one-on-one with your choice of either Looby Macnamara or Delvin Solkinson
- Support to complete diploma designs
- Design tools, methods, frameworks and processes of Permaculture
- Principles and core routines of Cultural Emergence
- Core concepts for ecological literacy
- Collaborating & co-creating & successfully working in groups
- Design practice
- Create and share designs
- Meet regularly to share progress and build momentum
- Worksheets & activities
Inspirational, supportive and evolutionary course culture that uplifts and motivates participants.
Being held by a grounding group taking action in their own lives by doing a Diploma
Supportive learning community
“Give and receive encouragement”
Flexibility and acceptance
Chance to “plan then flow” with our designs
- Inspiration & momentum
- Confidence as decision maker and designer
- Support to complete the Diploma
- An expanded design toolkit
- A deeper working understanding of Cultural Emergence
- More agility using the Permaculture design toolkit
- The experience of learning together in community
- New friendships
- Opportunity to share the journey inspiringly with supportive, like minded people
- Chance to reflect about your life and future, considering new possibilities
The course is for anyone doing a Diploma with the Permaculture Association or Permaculture Institute that want to be part of a Group Diploma Adventure including online meetups.
It is open to those just signing up for the diploma, and those that want to begin with the Foundation Diploma of 2 designs. It is also open to anyone who has been enrolled in the diploma for a while and wish to have some support to complete.
It is for anyone who wants to deepen their commitment to permaculture, their own self development, and making the planet a better place.
Prerequisites for enrollment - you need to have completed your PDC Permaculture Design Course to enroll in the diploma.
During this programme you will also be enrolled in the CEED (Cultural Emergence Effective Design) course, which will begin your design journey. For details of the CEED course see here
"Looby's fluency in design tools and frameworks were a vital key to me completing the diploma effectively and deepening my permaculture practice and later work. Looby's grounded expertise and creative insight, means she is an excellent mentor for supporting you to use the diploma process to maximise your productive edges."
“I really appreciate Delvin’s way of teaching and I truly believe it is his gift. Delvin brings ritual together with deep learning. I always come away from a class motivated by his passion, impeccable choice of words and the skillful ways in which he engages others. I feel honoured to learn from him!”
Free Online Activation and Info Session
November 8, 2021 6-8pm UK Time - click here to register
We will be starting the first cohort in Jan 2022, and then have another intake in July 2022.
January to November 2022 - Course includes 6 x 2 hour online meetups on the 2nd Monday of every other month,
Group Call 1: January 10, 2022
Group Call 2: March 14, 2022
Group Call 3: May 9, 2022
After 6 months, there is the opportunity to continue.
Group Call 4: July 11, 2022
Group Call 5: September 12, 2022
Group Call 6: November 14, 2022
Optional extra of a residential design weekend at Applewood Permaculture Centre, UK 7-10th July 2022 (additional costs
The fees cover you for the first 6 months of the ongoing Group Diploma Course, During this 6 months you will have access to the CEED course which will guide you through your first design towards your Foundation Diploma
Foundation Diploma (2 designs) first 6 months - includes online CEED course
- Concession places £250
- Low waged £300
- Waged £350
Subsequent 6 monthly payments
- Concession places £175
- Low waged £225
- Waged £275
There is an additional regular fee to either the Permaculture Association or Permaculture Institute. (please be in contact for the full details of this)
Then as you continue further payments will be needed every 6 months until completion. Minimum attendance is 6 months.
There is an optional extra of a residential weekend at Applewood Permaculture Centre 7-10th July 2022. (This will be an additional cost).
How to Apply
Places are limited to 20 people. For enquiries, to express your interest and apply please contact:
Facilitators & Venue
Delvin Solkinson is a community gardener, student and teacher from British Columbia, Canada. He has done a PDC, Diploma and Masters Degree with Bill Mollison, a Doctorate with Larry Santoyo, 2 other Diplomas, 13 teacher trainings & 13 advanced courses. Diploma Program Co-ordinator at Permaculture Institute, Diploma Tutor with Permaculture Association and currently pursuing a Post-Doc in Permaculture Education. Delvin lives and works at CoSM, Chapel of Sacred Mirrors with his beloved wife Grace, collaborating to create free learning and teaching tools, write articles and make videos.
www.pemaculturedesign.earth and www.visionarypermaculture.com
Applewood Permaculture Centre
Applewood is home to Looby and family. We have a stunning 20 acre smallholding. We are in our early days of setting up permaculture gardens and demonstrations. We have a variety of indoor spaces as well as a marquee in the orchard as an outdoor classroom in good weather.
There are many beautiful, diverse habitats here, with much mystery and magic and opportunities for deep nature connection.